Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 9: Caffeine Withdrawal & Anime Conventions


Remember to donate here:   http://mobro.co/stevedasgupta

Thanks to everybody who has donated so far! The team has raised just under $10K and is ranked #21 Nationally. Solid.


Now for more random musings. My brain was in severe pain today. It was worse than hangover pain, for this was the pain associated with drug withdrawal  And my drug is caffeine. As I said in yesterday's post, I have been pounding coffee like it is my job in order to stay attentive in class and power myself through the inevitable 15 hour days full of studying and group assignments that pop up every now and then. And usually, I feel okay... But today, I didn't have any coffee, and I was dying. So I walked over to Open City to get my caffeine fix, and that is when things started getting weird.

On my two block walk, I saw a devil woman with blue hair, a group of... wizards, a few girls dressed up as raccoons  and a man dressed like an elf who was carrying a trumpet- who stopped to then play the Super Mario Brothers theme to a line of cars stopped at a light.

This weirdness reminded me of something Liz's roommate said last night when she got back to the house- She too looked weirded out, and said: "Guys I think there's a furry convention in town or something."  (Wikipedia)

Basically, picture a neighborhood full of this, and you will have a good idea of what's going on:

pic from: Anime USA 2010

After a bit of research, I found out that it is the Anime USA Convention- While I'd love to link to their website, it appears to be down. Probably from all the raccoon devil woman wizards chatting with each other and what not... But here's their Twitter if you are interested in joining up: Twitter

Anyway, it's been an interesting day to say the least, but I'm happy to report that as of publishing this post, my headache is subsiding, thanks to the small coffee! 'Til tomorrow.




No comments: