Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 5: WTF WHY IS IT WINTER SUDDENLY


Remember to donate here:   http://mobro.co/stevedasgupta

Service Announcement:  Did you guys watch that Ted Talk with the creator of Movember? He's Australian. Anyway, now even Qantas is participating in Movember.


Regularly Scheduled Broadcast:

Well hello winter. I could have sworn it was 70 degrees out only a couple weeks ago. Now, the air is a carbonite*-like cold. 


But just in time, my mustache is springing into action to protect me. And I have to say, so far so good- the region between my upper lip and nose was quite comfy this morning as I waited in the 30 degree weather to vote. I tell you what- if my 'stache keeps doing such an awesome job at protecting me from the cold, I might just keep it forever! And why not?! I mean, it's turning out that 'staches are actually quite cross functional. As Jack, one of my many important donors thus far wrote me: "Keep up the good fight, that soup won't strain itself!" Soup strainer- what a novel idea! 

In today's picturesque update, you may notice I'm wearing a hat. Because I have vicious writer's block, I will tell you why I'm wearing a hat. Ever since becoming a student again, I've been quite budget conscious. As such, I moved into a totally dilapidated house, and took the attic room. Originally, I was in a tiny box of a room, but then the "Attic Room" opened up. It was an amazing day: I jumped on the opportunity to take it. That day, I told my girlfriend: "Liz! OMGI'MMOVINGINTOTHEATTICIT'SGOINGTOBESOAWESOME!"

Well... the attic isn't hooked up to the rest of the house's heat, which I am pretty sure runs on whale blubber or some other antiquated system from the 1600's. So because I am cut off from warmth, my room is equipped with two baseboard heaters, and a space heater. But since they haven't been on all day, my room is currently frigid. And THUS, I am wearing a hat.

The attic also has a lot of odd geometry going on. It's quite ideal for slamming your head into things in the dark. Which I do frequently. Which... you may or may not think explains a lot about me.


*I am operating under the assumption that carbonite is essentially like liquid nitrogen- that is, it's very cold and that is how it froze Han.

No comments: