Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 6: 6 Days to Acquire a 5 O'Clock Shadow


Remember to donate here:   http://mobro.co/stevedasgupta


Hello readers. Do you know why I continually highlight my stache in these pictures of me at my most disheveled? It's because I trust you. I trust my readers. My feelings for my blog readers can best described by this song:

Pay attention to the lyrics. They will change your life.

ANYHOW... Yesterday I was participating in what every God fearing American does while watching the election. Playing the "Ballot Cam" drinking game. The rules were simple (and created by an innovative Iranian man in a moment of pure genius). Whenever the CNN Ballot Cam came up (see Exhibit 1), you were required to drink from your All American PBR (Sidenote: For all you MBA folks, check out my very official "case write-up" on PBR from 2010: PBR Post: American Revival)

Exhibit 1

The Ballot Cam game was very fun. I would say it is most like the Big Lebowski drinking game where you drink every time the Dude has a White Russian.

Anyway, in between rounds of Ballot Cam, my inquisitive CFA Level II German friend said to me:  

"Steve. Does it matter if I donate $1.00 thirty times, or $30.00 once?" 

I said: "No man. I think it's the same thing."

Friend: "But doesn't VISA charge a transaction fee every time I donate?"

Me: "Let me get back to you..."

Okay. So, I researched this. I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct answer, but I feel pretty confident that VISA assesses a flat percentage fee regardless of the transaction cost. 

(See VISA Section from the following link: Credit Card Processing Fees -The fees seems to not exceed 1-2% total per transaction. Because its per transaction, you CAN donate $1 to me 30 times, and it will be the same donation as receiving $30 once, assuming undiscounted cash flows)

Anyway. After my friend asked me this, I said: "Why does this matter anyhow?!," to which he replied: "I just want you to see how much I like (ed: or dislike) each post."

What friends I have! Don't worry about the transaction fees- just cough up the donations!

Finally, one last comment on the election before I call this post done- Did anybody else see this? This was a screenshot from the Washington Post on my iPad around 12:20 AM today. Perhaps they could use an Editor?

Photo: Ummm, the Washington post is high


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

After reviewing the Jessica Simpson video, does this mean you will still love me if I eat "Chicken of the Sea" raw out of the can? Please advise.