Monday, November 26, 2012

Day 25: Writer's Block and Polar Bears


It's a funny thing. For how badly I felt like I needed Thanksgiving break, I do not feel very well rested. I believe the saying is "I need a vacation from my vacation!" Now we are right back in the scholastic swing of things, and I am very behind. I sense a lot of romantic nights spent with my accounting notes in the weeks ahead. At the end of the semester, I guarantee the action will be super hot. Because I'm going to light everything on fire. Accounting is the most frustrating subject ever. I like to compare it to Chinese. Whereas the English language has a very tangible number of letters (26), Chinese has thousands. And it's probably incredibly difficult to learn every single one. Likewise, in accounting, there are millions upon millions of accounts to keep track of, and I find myself frustrated and angrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Right, so accounting sucks. 

(End Rant)

On a personal note, I am suffering from insane writer's block AGAIN today. I feel like David Duchovny in Californication. I'm a writer with out inspiration! I would like to say though that my life is way more together than Hank's in the show. But back to my point. Blogging for 30 days straight is really difficult. I have the Evernote application on my phone so that I can jot down a note whenever an inspirational idea hits. And then you know what happens? I look at my phone later and it says something like "that thing about polar bears."

And then I'm like: "What the fuck was I talking about? Polar bears?! Was I HIGH?"

And then because I have ZERO recollection of what I meant to post, I simply scan the internet for something interesting that involves polar bears.

And then I find a picture like this:


And then I think to myself: "Man... 426 miles. That's like from the North Pole to Annapolis. And Annapolis is close to DC. Which means we could have polar bears running rampant in DC."

And THEN, I think: "What would polar bears in DC be like?"

If I had to guess, I would say a 30% probability of this...


But a 70% probability of things turning out more like this...


Okay. So here's hoping that a polar bear doesn't get you! 'Til tomorrow!

No comments: