Thursday, October 13, 2011

Favorite Music Videos of Lately

I've been extremely busy not blogging lately.

Here are some of my favorite music videos of "lately" that I've come across.  "Lately" encompasses a period of roughly... I dunno... how long has it been since I last posted about music videos?  But you know what?  These videos are all pretty sweet.  They are required viewing.  And that makes the name of this blog ironic... because I advocate that there is nothing to see here, and yet there is.  This blog is a contradiction of everything you and I have ever known.  It defies the space time continuum.  I don't even know what that means.  Just prepare for your mind to be blown.

The Avalanches- "Since I Left You"

This album has actually been one of my favorite albums since it first came out.   And that was in 2000.  You were probably freaking out about Y2K back then.  But while you were freaking about Y2K, this album dropped, and it was/is awesome.  And then, 10 or so years after the album release, I noticed this video.  And the video's awesome too.  It's very "feel-good."



Is Tropical - The Greeks

This video is BALLER.  It is a video LIKE A BOSS.  What am I even watching?!  It's like a short film of kids re-enacting some ridiculously baddass blend of "Heat," "Scarface," and every other violent movie about drugs and gangs ever made.  I love the drug lab in the video.  It's professional.


IS TROPICAL - THE GREEKS (official music video) from EL NINO on Vimeo.


Raekwon - "House of Flying Daggers"

So during the time I've spent not blogging, I've listened to a LOT of Raekwon and Ghostface Killah.  Between the two of them, I think I have like 10 of their albums.  That's impressive, because I can't think of many rappers that have more than 1 or 2 good albums.  Anyway, in true Wu-Tang style, these guys love kung-fu, and I love kung-fu.  Hence, I love this video:

No comments: