Friday, October 24, 2008

Michigan Football 2008 : (

Being a Michigan Football fan is incredibly difficult this year. The team is nothing short of terrible and shows little to no improvement from game to game. The overall situation has reached the point of crisis, and it is clearly affecting people. What follows is various text message correspondence I've had with friends and enemies (Penn Staters). It's actually pretty funny to see how angry and disenchanted people are getting! Of course, I don't pretend to NOT be one of those people. Pay special attention to Jordan's messages since I think his are the funniest by far!

Anyway, here it is for your reading pleasure (unfortunately, I don't have any of my text messages from before the Wisconsin game... chances are, they were equally humorous). MY thoughts/comments about various text messages are in blue...:

Game: Wisconsin (Obviously, this is the game where we played like total shit the 1st half and then staged a miraculous 2nd half comeback to win!)
1st Half, Getting Killed:

Eamonn (Diehard Michigan fan):
-Watching our offense in person is painful. PS we are never going to be able to recruit a receiver ever again.

Jordan:
-I hate this offense. I hate this team. I hate Rich Rodriguez, and I hate Bill Martin.

Jordan, replying to my statement that Lloyd could not do much better with this team:
-Mallett would be there along with three other O-lineman who bolted. Just can not fathom they could be this inept. Ever.

2nd Half, The Comeback Begins:


Jordan
-I will say this, this team keeps fighting.

Post-Game:

Jordan, on winning the game and the possibility of my friend and I going to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl:
-Tell her I’ve got a place for us to stay in Pasadena.

and then 5 minutes later...

-Believe

Eamonn:
-I changed my mind about this game being no fun.

Game: Illinois
Pre-Game

Jordan:
-The Juice is NOT loose.

Little did we know the Juice would be totally loose all game.

Post-Loss

Matt (PSU Fan):
-Is this the same Illinois that PSU dominated last week?

This comment almost caused me to smash my phone.

Nichole (Diehard Michigan fan):
-Yeah, I am glad I didn’t witness that shit.

Nichole didn't witness the game because she had to puke multiple times due to a wicked hangover. Respect.

Game: Toledo
Post-Loss

Matt :
-Seriously?

C'mon... Toledo's not THAT bad...

Chris (PSU Fan):
-You guys suck.

Man... Toledo's really bad and we lost to them...

Jordan:
-Nice team we have

If there was ever a need for SARCASM font, it was for the above statement.

Game: Penn State

Ralph:
-Yeah baby!! We are “beating” Michigan.

I like how beating was quoted as if to say that beating us is the easiest thing in the world... which it is this year.

Nichole:
-I hate their cheers.

Nichole went to Penn St for the game! Boy did she get a treat!

Ralph:
-Hey I waited 10 games. Let me have this one.

This is true... Penn State did drop 9 in a row to us... but still, I wanted to make it 10.

Jordan:
-Terminate the entire fucking program.

Hahahaha... Jordan should be athletic director.


Game: Michigan State

Pregame Correspondence:

Jordan:
-Blue will get it done tomorrow, no doubt baby. Sorry Sparty.

Me:
- I love your violent mood swings regarding our teams’ ability!

This sums up Jordan's views on our team this year!

Jordan:
-I just watched a special on big ten network about UM. Bo won’t let us lose tomorrow because tradition doesn’t die. Go Blue.


Well that's that! Here's to hoping we win this week!

Until kickoff, satisfy yourselves with this list of things to show to "Little Brother:"

http://www.michigandaily.com/content/2008-10-23/youre-little-brother-because

No comments: