Thursday, December 16, 2010

Zombies

I've got this thing for zombies.  Not like... a sexual  thing, but a "thing" as in like... I think zombies are awesome.  And, by "zombies are awesome," I don't so much mean that they are really in fact awesome, but that um... if a zombie plague somehow breaks out and I am fighting for survival, you better believe that with my kung fu skills (I'm a green and white belt, and continually improving), and mean handling of a shovel (or other weapon), watching me inflict a world of pain onto these undead abominations is going to be an awesome spectacle.

Okay- so zombies themselves aren't awesome, but killing them is awesome.  This statement is probably the one universal truth in the world.  EVERYONE can agree that zombies should be killed.  Are you Republican and do you hate Democrats?  Or are you a Democrat and you hate Republicans?  Or do you not care about politics?  It doesn't even matter.  Race, gender, political leanings all go out the window when the zombies come  because its "kill, or be killed."

But anyway- back to the topic at hand.  I have a thing for zombies.  I own books about zombies, watch movies about zombies, play video games involving zombies, but I have taken my fascination with the living dead to a new level:


I bought a zombie board game.  Now you may say:  "Steve, I didn't know you were down with that nerdy Dungeons and Dragons shit."  And to that I say:  Sorry asshole-  the zombie premise of the game overrules any potential nerdiness, and instantly makes everybody playing the game AWESOME.


So I haven't played the game yet- But it is for 2-6 players.  Best I can tell, there are up to four "heroes" and one to two players play as the zombies.  The heroes try to survive or kill the zombies, and the zombies I guess try to eat the heroes' brains.  I am getting really hyper writing about this game.  It just... has so much POTENTIAL!

Anyway, I think the trial run of this game is going to take place this weekend-  and it's probably going to involve a lot of beer.  And if the rules are too complicated, I'm pretty sure we are just going to disintegrate into a bunch of drunk assholes throwing plastic zombie figurines at each other.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

And before you ask, yes, I bought the "Growing Hunger" expansion pack for the game as well.

While we're on the topic of zombies, have any of you guys seen the movie Dead Snow?  It's a Norwegian horror movie.  After watching the preview, I immediately ordered the DVD... except the fucker is region-locked so I'm stuck with a foreign DVD of a Nazi Zombie flick.  Not to be deterred though, I have just place an order for the Region 1 version of the movie on Amazon.  I'm either an idiot, or brilliant beyond recognition.

No comments: