Friday, November 5, 2010

Marine Marathon

For the four of you that read my blog, you may remember that I was training for a marathon...


Welllllll... that didn't work out so hot.  Training was going okay, but then after back to back weekends involving 14 and 16 mile runs, my back and legs screamed for mercy.  I would get shooting pains down the back of my back, ass, and legs, and they weren't going away.  So I did what champions do when they are beaten:  I gave up.


But one man who did NOT give up was my roommate from college:  KARL.  Karl ran the Marine Marathon like a hummingbird on cocaine.  His time was a speedy 3:09.  For those of you that don't speak "runner," that is a SMOKING time.  Let's analyze Karl's greased-lightining successful 26.2 mile scamper, shall we?

Here comes Karl at Mile 10.  He is hauling ass.  Look at the smile on his face!

 Here comes Karl at Mile 26.  Look at my excellent photography.  Look how the subject is centered, and also looking at the camera.  If you would like me to photograph special moments in your life, please contact me.  I will do Bar Mitzvahs, weddings, graduations, baptisms, etc.  


Immediately after the race, the marathoners looked like zombies.  They were all wobbly and definitely all looked like death.  How fitting that this race was on Halloween.

Now we get to the good stuff!  15 minutes after the race ended, Karl began puking rivers of Red Powerade.  It was SO COOL.  It was really funny when he puked, and then had to scream "Noooo watch out I just puked there!" as a 2 year old almost merrily wobbled into his pile of vomit.  

After the Powerade came out, it was naptime for Karl.  Poor kid deserved rest.


Later that day, I myself took a well-earned nap.  Walking all over a marathon course to watch the runners is tough work, and certainly not for the faint of heart.  

No comments: