Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bombed Out Umbrellas

It's rainy and crappy in DC today, but I love seeing broken umbrellas.

The only thing better than seeing a broken umbrella is actually seeing it breaking in real time (and waiting for the inevitable "look" on the umbrella-owner's face)*!  This is a rare occurrence though and so I don't have any pictures of that.  But here are some awesomely destroyed umbrellas from NYC, Ireland, and Baltimore from the past year...  

Though I love taking pictures of broken umbrellas, I seldom get to do it because I never remember to make sure my camera is on me when a big storm comes through... Kindof like how I still can't remember to floss daily as a supposed self sufficient adult.  

*Is that face rage?  Sadness?  Despair?  

Oh, and also, broken umbrellas are only cool when:
a) It is someone else's umbrella
b) It is not the umbrella that I am using
















No comments: