Thursday, June 24, 2010

Eastern Market

Last weekend I went to Eastern Market on the weekend for the first time ever. It was VERY cool. I'll definitely be going back to maybe pick up a painting or two. BUT, the coolest thing I saw there by far was this:



For those who don't know, I am a huge t-shirt junkie. Typically, they are designer t-shirts. And by designer, I don't mean Gucci or Armani or that crap, but AWESOMELY CREATIVE PEOPLE WHO MAKE SHIRTS THAT ARE VISUALLY AWESOME. And the above shirt fits that description to a TEE. I can't describe how awesome it is. It has A GD ALIEN MAKING PANCAKES IN THE CAPITOL DOME! GENIUS! Anyway, if you're into this sort of t-shirt art, I recommend you check out the designer's site:

JON WYE

I gotta say... after spending some time talking to the Eastern Market folks that were at the Jon Wye stands and breezing the website, I'm inclined to spend a lot more dollars on this dude's stuff!

AND, to stop the suspense, I DID buy this shirt. In addition to the robot one which you can see on the website.

Prior to this Alien-Pancake-Capitol shirt, my favorite shirt was this:



And I own two of them. Because you see, when one stumbles across something as awesome as this, you must buy two, since one will eventually be needed to replace the one you wear all the time. At least that's how I view it.

I only got one of the Alien shirt though... for now... I just gotta make sure it's the right size!

No comments: