Wednesday, April 15, 2009

There is SO MUCH to look forward to...

There's so much good stuff to look forward to ladies and gentlemen!

4/18- Arsenal is going to destroy Chelsea in the FA Cup Semifinal- I plan to be at the bar for this event. I can't believe that I'm still actually following soccer! I'll admit, I wasn't all that serious about deciding to follow the sport when I made the decision to in the fall. BUT, I actually am borderline addicted to this team now! A post will eventually come that describes this...

4/21- Arsenal v. Liverpool- this game is HUGE! My roommate is a Liverpool fan and so our house will be so bitterly divided when watching this game. Arsenal better win. They haven't lost a match in at least the past 10.

4/25-2/26- NFL Draft baby! I am pumped about this because the Packers have a high pick and this draft is so loaded- I don't think they can screw this pick up. They will probably end up with some stud who will make an instant impact. Life will be good. Choirs of angels will sing from the heavens.

4/29- Next round of the Champion's League! Arsenal v. Manchester United. I haven't been following soccer long, but I HATE Manchester United. They are the Yankees of English Premier League Soccer. Wait, people won't understand this because nobody watches baseball. They are like the Cowboys! If you're not a Cowboys fan, you HATE the Cowboys! That's just how life works.

5/2- BIRTHDAY!

5/5- 2nd leg of Arsenal v. Manchester United! The only way I won't be excited about this is if we get punished the 1st leg...

... and all this brings us to the onset of summer- at least as far as it is concerned with the megalopolitan DC area. In May, we'll have 70 degree temperatures regularly, and everybody will be in better spirits for it.

No comments: