Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 14: 5 Hour Energy will energize you to death!

Remember to donate here:   http://mobro.co/stevedasgupta

It was pointed out to me via Facebook today that :


... and this comment is actually a correct correction. It appears I totally jumped the gun in comparing MSB to the Death Star. SO, allow me to simply state that it is "Star Wars-esque" in its appearance. I believe that is accurate to say.

Moving on, 5-Hour Energy is suspected in having a role in 13 deaths in the US over the past four years (NYT: Caffeinated Drink Cited in Reports of 13 Deaths). It would not shock me to learn that this stuff kills you since it looks weird, tastes weird, and smells weird. Also, when you consume 345290908102934824334203840923% of your daily recommended intake of something, no matter WHAT it is, it is probably not good for you.

I have a friend who we'll just call... oh I don't know, Dave, who is particularly fond of energy drinks. In fact, at work, Dave kept a fully stocked mini fridge of "rip-it" energy drinks. The fridge was officially named the "Department of Energy." I often remarked that Dave's bloodstream likely consisted of  >40% energy, and that it couldn't be good for him.  SO DAVE, if you are reading this, you may want to tone down the energy consumption in light of the above article! And because Dave was the first big donor to my Movember fundraising campaign, I will end the lecture here!

Moving on to my mustache pic for today, I feel like I'm getting somewhere. You'll notice that I have alternating emotions of success and failure from day to day- I can't explain it. BUT, I feel like people can actually notice my mustache from a few feet away now, so that is encouraging.


1 comment:

Dave said...

Clearly those people who died didn't have the level of extremity that I do. Pussies.