Thursday, August 27, 2009

Twilight

Going to and coming back from Kickball this evening, I saw about seven women all reading or carrying around those Twilight books... You know... THESE:


Now I have no idea about the symbolism on the cover, but this series of books is apparently about vampire romance. Judging from the cover, I would have guessed apple orchard maintenance. Anyway, why are all the ladies of DC reading these?! Are they attracted to vampires? Is it a weird fetish? Whatever the reason, I'm certain that these books are complete and total trash. Right up there with the DaVinci Code in the category of "Books that I will never ever read." I mean seriously... vampire romance? I'm pretty sure these books' biggest audience members consist of middle and high school girls. And I'm pretty sure the high school girls into this crap are nerdy.

Okay I'm done. I'm off to go play my new Batman video game. Actually, let's talk about this game for a minute. It's completely badass. It is the antithesis to "Twilight." While "Twilight" is pure unfiltered filth, this video game really tugs at your emotions as Batman, a completely mortal superhero, falls into an elaborate trap sprung by the Joker at Arkham Asylum. Just get it.

No comments: