Friday, March 20, 2009

Another Music-Related Post

Dude.

Chris Cornell is effing KILLING ME.

He went from being an alt-rock GOD/lead singer of Soundgarden, to something that entirely defies description. THAT'S how bad it is.

Let's take a look:

Here's CC in his badass days, screaming out two facemelters: "Jesus Christ Pose," and "Rusty Cage"...

Jesus Christ Pose


Rusty Cage


Here's Chris today:


Holy shit. Everytime I hear that song, I want to projectile vomit everywhere. You know what's crazy? CC worked with Timbaland on that album! CC + Timbaland is as bad as Little Wayne trying to do a rock album. Anyway, back to the song: Who are those pathetic sidekicks on stage?! Did he hire an adult contemporary band to back him up? Why is this song so fucking weak? Look at the crowd! They couldn't be LESS into it!

Of course, just give it a few weeks for it to get onto the radio, and then I'll have to overhear conversations like:

"Hey dude, so I'm really into that Chris Cornell guy... He's a lot like Daughtry- He's got some pipes bra."

This to me wreaks of sellout. Sellout sellout sellout. And I'm not one to just go accusing bands and singers of selling out, but this is miserable!!!!!!!!!

I'm sticking to my OLD Soundgarden stash, Pearl Jam, and the handful of other bands that are out there that still bring it with originality.

LATE BREAKING UPDATE:
I just watched another new CC video... It's even worse than the other one:



No comments: